How to choose the best accommodation when staying in Sydney
When planning your trip to Sydney, there are a few things to consider. The big one, of course is accommodation. Here, we’ve listed some of the most important aspects you need to consider when choosing the right accommodation for you. From the best serviced apartments Sydney has to offer, to hotel accommodation, we’ve got a checklist you’ll want to keep in mind.
The length of your stay
The longer your stay, the more economical and practical the accommodation should be. It’s important that you have access to be able to prepare food if that is what you would like to be able to do. You may also need to do a load of washing, and it is handy to not have to leave your building to do so.
If you are travelling on business, or even if you simply access the Internet frequently, you may want to make sure the accommodation you book has wi-fi Internet, so you can access the Internet anytime with ease from your apartment.
The type of trip you are taking
Depending on whether your trip is for business or leisure, you may want to look at staying in different types of accommodation.
- If you are on a business trip, you may not need to consider a place that has a pool and other facilities, but the location may very important so you can get where you need to go easily without the use of a car.
- For a romantic getaway for two, you really do want to stay in accommodation that offers all the trimmings. This may include surprising your partner by ordering champagne on arrival, and having a magnificent view of the city.
- Family vacation-Planning a family trip can be stressful. It can often be hard to find accommodation that offers family friendly facilities. Sydney apartments may be the best idea when on a family trip.
Depending on what you are looking for, many serviced apartments offer great benefits such a indoor and outdoor pools and child minding services. Apartments also mean all the comforts of home, so if you do want to cook a meal, or iron a shirt, you can in the comfort of the apartment.
- Business trip- For quick access from the airport and to major convention centres and the business district, staying in the heart of Sydney is a good idea. It also means that if you do have a few hours spare, you are right in the middle of the best of Sydney’s main attractions, restaurants, shops and boutiques.
- Similarly if you are on a family holiday, it is a good idea to be close to the areas which you plan to visit. That way it will make it easy getting two and from, especially if you have young children.
Sydney truly does have accommodation to suit every budget and it is surprisingly affordable to stay in centrally located serviced apartments and hotels. Staying central in the city also has it’s advantages. For one, you save money on transportation as you can walk to where you need to go. Staying in serviced apartments is also a great way to save on your holiday.
Firstly, you can prepare some of your meals yourself, instead of dining out for every meal. Secondly, you can do your own washing in the building, saving you time having to find a laundry mat and money too.
Planning a trip to one of the world’s most beautiful cities doesn’t have to be stressful. I hope we’ve given you some tips on how to choose the best accommodation for the trip you’re planning.