Great outdoor activities you can enjoy while staying in Sydney.
Sydney has some wonderful outdoor activities you can enjoy which allow you to experience the city, a little bit differently than your average Jo. Here, we’ve listed some of the best outdoor activities you can enjoy in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, some of which are sure to get the heart racing. Whether you are staying in a hotel right in the heart of it, or in one of the luxurious serviced apartments Sydney has to offer, we’ve got a list of the best ways to enjoy Sydney and get the adrenaline pumping at the same time.
- Harbour Bridge Climb- Walking across the harbour bridge is great. But climbing it is truly sensational. For the adventure traveller, a trek to the top of one of Sydney’s most iconic masterpieces is definitely in order. View Sydney from a whole new perspective and enjoy some amazing heights.
- Sydney Tower Skywalk- Just like the Harbour Bridge, Sydney’s Centrepoint Tower is a sight to see. But how about climbing to the top of it and standing on a glass platform that extends from the top? Not for the faint hearted but definitely one for the adventurer, this trek is fun, and a great way to see Sydney from a magnificent 268 metres above sea level, making it the highest tourist attraction the city has to offer.
- The Red Baron- If you enjoy heights, why not experience it in a scenic and acrobatic flying adventure in the Red Baron plane? Taking you across Sydney spinning and diving, this ride is sure to get the blood pumping and will make for an outdoor adventure you’ll never forget.
- Scuba Diving- There are some great places to scuba dive across Sydney and if you don’t know how but would love to learn, it’s the perfect way to spend a few days on your Sydney trip! Scuba diving allows you to really experience another realm of Sydney and get up close with some of our most amazing aquatic life.
- Shark Dive- If you like the idea of really getting up and close with some underwater creatures that are sure to get the adrenalin pumping why not book in a shark dive? There are heaps of different locations across Sydney where you can experience these mysterious creatures up close.
- Parasailing- Parasailing is another great way to experience Sydney from great heights! Taking off from Manly Wharf, one Sydney’s beautiful beach areas, you will experience the harbour from above. No experience is needed for this and full instructions are provided on the day.
There are so many great ways to experience Sydney by doing some great outdoor activities. I hope we’ve given you some ideas on how to get the most out of your trip. Remember, some of these activities are just a short stroll from CBD hotels and Sydney apartments, so there is no excuse to miss out on the fun!